Patent Docking Specialist at Legal Firm in Washington, Washington D.C., United States — $70K-$80K
- Legal Support
- Legal Firm
- Washington, Washington D.C., United States USA
- 12/1/19 2019-12-01
Job ID: 911127
We are searching for a Patent Docking Specialist for a Law Firm located in Washington, D.C.
- Reviewing all US and foreign patent docket updates to ensure data integrity and strict compliance with Country law, client guidelines and departmental policies and procedures.
- Overseeing internal audit review of patent client portfolios and make appropriate database corrections.
- Working with IP Patent Docketing/Technology Manager and IP Patent Docketing Coordinator to ensure client requirements are met with IP Client Portal; regularly review and ensure accuracy of information on the IP Client Portal.
- Working closely with the IP Patent Docketing Coordinator in identifying problems or inaccuracies in departmental policies and procedures; assist with changes and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of seven years of patent docketing experience using a computerized docketing system (CPI and/or Patricia experience preferred)
- Minimum one year of patent docketing quality review experience
- Knowledge of USPTO practices and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic and foreign patent prosecution procedures, terminology and deadlines required
- Strong organization, problem-solving, analytical decision-making, proofreading and reading comprehension skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Typing at least 30 wpm
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Flexibility for overtime