Patent Prosecution Specialist at Law Firm in District of Columbia, Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States — $65K-$85K
- Legal Support
- Law Firm
- District of Columbia, Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States USA
- 6/22/20 2020-06-22
Job ID: 911126
We are searching for a Patent Prosecution Specialist for a Law Firm located in Washington, D.C.
Duties include, but are not limited to assisting Firm timekeepers in accurately and thoroughly preparing, reviewing, filing and reporting USPTO documents, including:
- New US patent applications and corresponding formalities documents
- Requests for and correction to formalities documents
- Responses to formal PTO notices
- IDS submissions
- Notice of Allowance checklists
- Issue fee payments
- Status checks
- BS/BA Degree required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in patent prosecution.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable of and current U.S., PCT prosecution and worldwide patent policies and procedures, including 37 C.F.R and MPEP Rules and Regulations.
- Must have good knowledge of the USPTO structure, system, rules and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with often competing client enforced deadlines.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff and timekeepers.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, proficiency in PATRICIA docketing databases or other similar docketing software package.
- Flexibility to work overtime may be required