Contract Specialist at Construction Services in Bethesda, Maryland, United States — $48K-$52K
- Construction Services
- Bethesda, Maryland, United States USA
- 7/7/20 2020-07-07
Job ID: 911092
We are searching for a contract specialist for a construction company in Bethesda, Maryland.
This position will be responsible for generation and administration of subcontract agreements. Primary responsibilities include subcontract review which may include independently proofreading, editing of contract documents, creating exposure report reports, delivering training, ensuring document control processes are maintained, and working within the contract generation system. Other tasks may include responding to internal/external contract resolutions. This position will perform functions that will require interpretation and application of established policies and procedures to arrive at a decision which may require presentation to their direct manager or other executives. This position interacts with project team members, preconstruction members, subcontractors and functional representatives to resolve issues in a prompt and efficient manner. The contract process is very time sensitive and requires meeting strict deadlines. Other tasks may include input and interpretation of financial information in corporate accounting system based on information received from project teams, and evaluate contract requests to ensure corporate compliance. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, have strong computer skills, strong communication, and willing to work in a deadline-driven environment. Previous experience working with contracts is helpful.
- A degree (BA, BS) in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including interfacing with senior level staff members, clients, and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in MS Word.
- Basic accounting skills (and knowledge of MS Excel).
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and possess strong computer skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and efficient thinking skills.
- Able to work independently but have a clear understanding of the risk involved and to solicit management’s involvement.
- Understanding the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Knowledge in the field of contract negotiation is a plus.
- Understanding of construction, business law or contract law is a plus.
- Proofreading for errors and format issues related to contracts is a plus.