Sr. Manager, Statistical Programming at Pharmaceutical Company in San Francisco, California, United States —
- Pharmaceutical Company
- San Francisco, California, United States USA
- 7/12/20 2020-07-12
Job ID: 68403
The primary role of this position is to assist the statistical programming function that supports planned and ongoing clinical trials. Specifically, the senior manager, statistical programming will be expected to:
- Manage the programming activities on multiple projects/studies across various therapeutic areas, both internally and externally by CROs.
- Provide support in balancing conflicting priorities, promoting communication and adequate information flow to motivate, encourage and align people with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Function as a positive role model for setting high expectations for quality, creativity and project ownership.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Operation, Statistics, Data Management, Global Drug Safety, Medical Affair, Regulatory and Project Management management/staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Provide technical input into documents produced by other functions (e.g. biostatisticians, data managers, medical writers).
- Work with Biometrics and other function for the development and maintenance of the data review and reporting tools, and any other statistical applications as appropriate.
- Assist in setting the strategy for process improvement.
- Identify new tools to increase efficiency and quality and assist with implementing.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-10 years of clinical trial programming experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or health related industry.
- Advanced SAS programming skills and experience in other statistical software, such as R and S-Plus.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge in CDISC including SDTM, ADaM and controlled terminologies.
- Self-directed, technically strong, and a recognized leader maintaining a strategic prospective with regard to statistical programming processes, management of statistical programming projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.