UI / UX Developer at Government Contractor in Herndon, Virginia, United States — $100-$120/hr
- Government Contractor
- Herndon, Virginia, United States USA
- 12/1/19 2019-12-01
Job ID: 62408
This position supports Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the Grants Modernization program (FEMA GMM). The FEMA GMM program represents a multi-year effort for IT Modernization and Transformation that will better enable citizens and first responders to apply for and be awarded Federal disaster and non-disaster grants.
Successful candidates are modern development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team. Primary location is Herndon, VA and will require occasional travel to DC and Winchester for customer meetings.
- Responsible for developing reusable components of single page applications.
- Responsible for designing and developing user-friendly user interfaces that are responsive and Section 508 Compliant for enterprise-wide systems under the supervision of a Solution Architect.
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- Must have 2+ years working experience in React/Redux
- Must have 5+ years developing SPAs using JS Frameworks.
- Working experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience in responsive and mobile design
- Experience in accessibility and Section 508 Compliance
- Experience in developing design system.
- Experience with development in Cloud and DevOps
- Working experience with PostGres, DynamoDB, Oracle, Liquibase.
- Working knowledge Developing java web servers (SOAP or RESTFul) using the Open source framework's like Axis, CXF, and JAX-WS.
- Experience developing in Java and J2EE
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools.
- Experience in Accepted Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber, Mocha, Jasmin
- Experience in using Jira or Rally
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related IT field
- US Citizen