QA/QC Specialist II at Government Contractor in Quantico, Virginia, United States — $80K-$120K
- Information Technology
- Government Contractor
- Quantico, Virginia, United States USA
- 6/22/20 2020-06-22
Job ID: 62407
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
The IT Business Process Quality Control Specialist will be supporting the Government Client at Quantico. The Quality Assurance Specialist shall use Quality Control processes to review existing performance and recommend process improvements to improve performance metrics. The QA Specialist should properly identify and measure those ITSM Processes implemented by the client.
- Support and document an established Quality Control process using the Deming cycle, i.e., the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA). This process should focus on identifying root causes or deficiencies in service operations.
- Document specific levels of quality that need to be achieved and how those objectives will be measured based upon the applicable service level requirements.
- Collect data from the ITSM system and end users for the ITSM processes implemented by USMC. These include but are not limited to Incident Management, Event Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management.
- Review and analyze collected data comparing it to expected level of quality.
- Determine the differences between expected and achieved levels of quality, determine their root cause, identify service deficiencies and recommend courses of action that will improve the process being reviewed.
- Develop and provide leadership with scheduled Quality Assurance Reviews that identify whether service quality is being met IAW performance requirements established.
- Ensures timely handling of events to maintain targeted service-levels
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the Event Management (EM) process
- Ensures compliance with EM standards and policies
- Collaborates with other processes and Regional EM Process Managers
- Periodically reviews significant events and exceptions
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
Required Certification(s): Compliant with DoD 8570.01-M IAM level I – CAP, GSLC, Security+CE, ITIL v3 Foundations (required)
Education and Certifications:
- Compliant with DoD 8570.01-M IAM level I – CAP, GSLC, Security+CE
- ITIL v3 Foundations (required)
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in IT quality assurance and/or managing in an IT service management environment.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
Must Have Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in Knowledge Management tools (such as SharePoint) and trouble ticket management tools (such as BMC Remedy).
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with analyzing outputs/results from network management tools (SCOM, HP OpenView) in order to identify trends and provide recommendations to the Client.