SCCM Systems Engineer III at Government Contractor in Quantico, Virginia, United States — $100K-$145K
- Information Technology
- Government Contractor
- Quantico, Virginia, United States USA
- 12/1/19 2019-12-01
Job ID: 62405
The Candidate shall provide Tier III System Center Service Management (SCCM) support. The Candidate shall install Management Servers, Agents, reporting servers, and data warehouses where necessary and configure rules and alerts consistent with the support structure. The Candidate is responsible for the operation of the Client’s Enterprise Microsoft System Center Configuration (SCCM), and may be required to support Microsoft System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH), IBM Endpoint Manager, Dell Change Auditor, Dell GPO Admin, and Dell Recovery Manager in an enterprise environment containing more than 100,000 users.
The configuration environment consists of Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, BMC Remedy, networking, PKI and SSL and support of the products for the Management Support as well as enabling the System Center Suite and Big Fix to be accessible for self-service and distributed administration of users and devices. The infrastructure is a mixed environment of VMware based and physical based servers. The Candidate must possess expertise in VMware Virtualization, and VMware vCloud to perform the specialized configuration management tasks.
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Service Manager.
- Resolve all Service Manager Tickets escalated from the service desk including the administrative activities and provide a weekly Messaging Status Report.
- Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the all service desk personnel for handling standard Event and Service Manager related incidents, work orders and service requests.
- Submit and execute Event Management related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
- Coordinate incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as other sections as required.
- Monitor the health of Event Management Infrastructure with Client provided event management tools.
- Provide Client project support for Configuration Management related technologies.
- Support change management process; submit requests through Change Approval Board; participate in a Change Review Board.
- Escalate product issues to third party product vendors upon Government approval.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Commanders Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Configure and implement Internet Information Service (IIS) security policies through understanding of Certificate and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Clearance Level: Active DoD Only- Minimum TS/SCI
DoD 8570 Certification Requirements: DoD 8570 IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, CISSP (or Associate)) - (requires at least one), Professional series Certification within the product groups technology scope (e.g. MCSE, MCSA)
On-call after hours: May be asked to assist with upgrades/updates after hours or on weekends.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Compliance with DoD 8570 IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, CISSP (or Associate)) - (requires at least one)
- Professional series Certification within the product groups technology scope (e.g. MCSE, MCSA)
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- 5 Years of Configuration Management Experience
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Technical Skills (Preferred):
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner