Controller at Software Company in Columbus, Ohio, United States — $120K-$150K
- Software Company
- Columbus, Ohio, United States USA
- 9/18/20 2020-09-18
Job ID: 48484886
The Controller is responsible for all aspects of the company’s financial accounting operations and reporting. Main responsibilities will include maintaining accounting records, performing daily financial accounting functions, preparing internal and external financial reports, supporting FP&A to develop budgets and forecasts, and managing annual audit and tax return preparation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Participate in due diligence reviews and coordinate activities between the company, the PE sponsors and external advisors.
· Facilitate and integrate acquisitions within our systems and operations.
· Ensure financial/controllership best practices are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ensure the company gets the most from general based reporting by developing new reports ands maintaining expert knowledge of the systems
· Implement additional NetSuite modules and evaluate additional analytical software packages.
· Responsible for all company Accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations.
· Supervise the daily accounting operations to ensure efficient cash management, clean accounting records, and recording of all transactions in compliance with the Company’s accounting processes and internal controls.
· Manage the monthly and quarterly close process and prepare consolidated financial statements.
· Develop and maintain financial policies and processes impacting internal and external reporting, general ledger, revenue accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, fixed asset management, taxes, insurance, and treasury.
· Manage the relationship with external auditors, oversee the planning and execution of annual audits.
· Ensure that Accounting activities and reporting are in accordance with GAAP and all applicable legal, regulatory, and company procedures.
· Identify opportunities to automate and streamline routine activities to run the organization more effectively as the company scales.
· Continuously improve the accounting function, including team development, resource allocation, budget management, and company-wide cost savings opportunities.
· Serve as the company’s expert for all accounting matters, partnering with other departments on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications.
· Oversee/direct tax structuring and all tax-related policies and procedures in conjunction with external advisors.
· Oversee/direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
· Support CFO for Board of Directors reporting requirements.
· Ensure compliance with lender agreements.
Desired Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience
· Superior knowledge of US GAAP reporting and compliance
· Experience with ERP/GL implementations and M&A integration preferred
For more information, please send your resume to Jill Johnston at email@example.com