Corporate Accountant at Real Estate in Rockville, Maryland, United States —
- Real Estate
- Rockville, Maryland, United States USA
- 2/15/19 2019-02-15
Job ID: 400666
We are currently sourcing for an experienced Corporate Accountant who will function as a key member of the Corporate Accounting team at the Rockville, MD headquarters. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, analytical, extremely organized, proficient in excel, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Tracks, recalculates, reconciles and records debt transactions related to the company’s mortgage notes payable, notes payable, senior notes, line of credit and term loan. This encompasses all tasks related to debt and interest expense, including reconciling prepaid interest, accrued interest, debt issue costs, and loan escrows as well as analyzing interest expense on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Acts as the primary contact with lenders for all debt related transactions.
- Prepares quarterly distribution calculations and financial statement packages for shopping centers that are owned with outside partners.
- Prepares corporate quarterly and annual debt covenant calculations and prepares/tracks covenant compliance for all mortgages.
- Assists with SEC reporting including financial statement and footnote preparation and XBRL tagging and review.
- Prepares various analyses for internal financial reporting.
- Assists with monthly close process including preparing and/or posting various journal entries, reviewing income accounts to ensure revenue is recognized in the correct period, and performing account reconciliations.
- Reviews credit rating agency reports for accuracy and prepare information for agencies as necessary.
- Records all equity transactions including stock issuance, dividends payable and minority partner redemptions.
- Tracks, records, reports, and forecasts stock compensation awards.
- Responsible for all aspects of option exercises and restricted stock vestings including coordination and communication with legal, payroll, transfer agent, employee and/or broker.
- Performs specific projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 1+ years’ corporate or public accounting experience, commercial real estate experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a history of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- High degree of confidentiality
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Able to demonstrate high intermediate Excel skills; experience with JDE a plus