Corporate Accountant at Real Estate Investment Firm in Rockville, Maryland, United States — $60K-$70K
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Investment Firm
- Rockville, Maryland, United States USA
- 1/11/21 2021-01-11
Job ID: 40066
- Tracks, recalculates, reconciles and records debt transactions related to the company’s mortgage notes payable, notes payable, senior notes, line of credit and term loan. This encompasses all tasks related to debt and interest expense, including reconciling prepaid interest, accrued interest, debt issue costs, and loan escrows as well as analyzing interest expense on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assists with SEC reporting including financial statement and footnote preparation and XBRL tagging and review.
- Prepares various analyses for internal financial reporting.
- Assists with monthly close process including preparing and/or posting various journal entries, reviewing income accounts to ensure revenue is recognized in the correct period, and performing account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 1+ years’ corporate or public accounting experience, commercial real estate experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of financial statements