Portfolio Accountant at Real Estate Investment Firm in Chicago, Illinois, United States —
- Real Estate Investment Firm
- Chicago, Illinois, United States USA
- 1/11/21 2021-01-11
Job ID: 400332
A top tier Real Estate Investment Firm located in downtown Chicago is looking to add to their finance/accounting team.
Since the 1970’s, this firm, a highly regarded fully integrated real estate investment firm owns, manages and leases over 4 million square feet of office, residential, parking & hospitality properties consisting of 50+ properties Located throughout Chicago area.
• Report to Portfolio Controller and be responsible for maintaining (i) general ledger for retail, office and multifamily properties; (ii) job costing ledgers; and (iii) annual and quarterly CAM and real estate tax reconciliations.
• Prepare financial statements and supplemental schedules for annual tax return, lender reporting and owners.
• Responsible for monthly general ledger closing process and preparing financial statements for real estate and non-real estate entities.
• Assist with the cash management function including monitoring cash balances, maintaining cash summaries and preparing bank reconciliations.
• Assist in the review and preparation of tenant improvement draws.
• Prepare and monitor monthly utility billings process, including tenant bill-backs and coordination with property management.
• Summarize and analyze non-real estate, hotel and parking garage operations.
• Provide accurate financial reports and analyses to property management and other departments.
• Assist with the preparation of annual property budgets
• 2 to 3 years of related accounting experience with a commercial real estate firm.
• Working knowledge and experience GAAP and tax accounting.
• CPA or significant progress towards CPA certification preferred.
• Strong accounting and analytical skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Working knowledge of Yardi (general ledger software), MS Excel and MS Word.