Payroll Supervisor at Health Care Company in Rockville, Maryland, United States — $75K-$85K
- Health Care Company
- Rockville, Maryland, United States USA
- 5/16/19 2019-05-16
Job ID: 393680
• Understand and perform all phases of the payroll process.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely processing and production of multiple legal entity payrolls, including executive pay with additional compensation considerations, and processing off cycle payroll.
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Maintain operating procedures manual and ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
*Continuously evaluate, analyze and recommend to the Division Controller opportunities to improves and/or stream line payroll processes
• Identify, research, investigate and resolve payroll anomalies during routine payroll analysis.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll regulations and taxation, including those related to employee benefits. Ensures compliance is maintained.
• Timely assist employees and managers with payroll related inquiries in a professional manner demonstrating excellence in customer service.
• Process garnishments and other special payroll deductions in a timely and compliant manner.
• Perform compliance processes for unclaimed property payroll checks on a timely and recurring basis.
• Process monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting (W-2, 941) for multiple states including reconciliation to payroll and general ledger systems and submission of payments.
*Completes payroll-related account reconciliations
• Generate a variety of payroll reports to include monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and special reports requested by business leaders and Finance
• Assist team in ensuring departmental information is kept organized and confidential
• Represent the Payroll Department at new hire orientation
Associates Degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years professional accounting experience in payroll, including 2 years in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Certified Payroll Profession (CPP) designation is preferred
• Experience with Age ABRA Suite is preferred
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.