Tax Director at Investment Bank in New York City, New York, United States —
- Investment Banking
- Investment Bank
- New York City, New York, United States USA
- 11/14/20 2020-11-14
Job ID: 36874
Broker-dealer is seeking a Tax Manager or a heavy senior to fill a VP/Associate position in its tax department. The position will be primarily responsible for:
• federal tax return compliance and related research,
• review of tax returns prepared by staff;
• Preparation of more complex book/tax differences in the tax returns and train staff to ultimately take over the work if the work is recurring.
• training staff on federal tax treatment of transactions and compliance procedures,
• coordination with external tax return reviewers (EY) regarding tax positions taken and tax return review issues.
• Being in touch of the potential federal legislative tax changes that may impact the firm.
The applicant must work well independently, as well as possessing strong interpersonal skills to work with others effectively. While it would be preferred to have a CPA and/or Masters degree (tax/accounting), it is not required (however, significant progress towards attaining the CPA license must be evident).
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
• 5-7 years of federal corporate income tax experience (combined public accounting and private experience),
• Securities industry tax experience (e.g., financial products, broker dealer, whole loans, investments in publicly traded partnerships),
• Thorough understanding of tax accounting (ASC 740)
• a solid compliance background,
• strong computer skills (primarily Excel, OneSource),
• supervisory experience,
• strong communication (written and oral), documentation and organizational skills.