Billing Specialist at Other in New York City, New York, United States — $25-$30/hr
- New York City, New York, United States USA
- 4/3/20 2020-04-03
Job ID: 300368
Perform daily review and analysis of outstanding invoices on assigned accounts receivable ledger
• Update comments related to collection actions
• Maintain daily communication with management of their accounts receivable, alerting them of potential issues
• Work with the billing department to resolve issues including invoices submitted electronically
• Research and respond to inquiries and assist with resolutions in a timely manner.
• Provide manager with regular updates related to invoicing and collection issues and resolutions
• Schedule monthly meetings to review each Partner’s outstanding receivables and handle subsequent action items that result
• Research short-payments and aged receivables to determine collectability and submit write-off requests to management for approval
• Assist with cash application when needed during peak periods
• Perform a variety of accounting duties as follows, but not limited to, refunds, W-9 and ACH requests, scanning, filing, research suspense payments, and research and respond to inquiries related to cash application issues
• Assist with yearly audit by retrieving copies of payment support as requested
• 2 to 4 years of cash application experience in a professional services organization required
• 2 to 4 years of commercial collections experience required.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and plan daily work activities in order to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
• Knowledge of Elite financial system preferred but not required.
• Bachelor's degree required, in Accounting or Finance Preferred