Registered Nurse at Healthcare in Orlando, Florida, United States —
- Orlando, Florida, United States USA
- 7/6/20 2020-07-06
Job ID: 30000576
Utilize policies, procedures, guidelines, and reliable methods to make clinical practice decisions. Independently develop, implement, evaluate, and modify clinical practice matching formal knowledge with critical thinking and nursing skills. Collect and interpret complex patient data with clinical events to make clinical decisions to meet individual patient and family needs. Recognize and respond to the dynamic situation while sorting out extraneous detail and exercises clinical judgment based on an immediate grasp of the whole picture for the patient population of the assigned clinical area. Engage in multidisciplinary collaboration, proactively seek expert consultation, and delegate to other clinicians, as appropriate, while using evidence-based guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
Recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences into the provision of patient and family centered care, including cultural, spiritual, gender/gender identity, lifestyle, race, ethnicity, linguistic, socioeconomic status, age, developmental, and values.
- Demonstrate effective methods of communication as required to meet the patient and family health care literacy needs.
- Preserve and protect the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity, and rights of patient and families.
- Acknowledge and adapt to the organizational culture and healthcare environment.
- Develop, integrate, and apply strategies across the continuum of care that are driven by the unique needs and strengths of the patient and family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher nursing degree, required.
- Active registered nurse licensure for State of Florida required
- National certification: obtain within one year of eligibility and maintain certification in area of clinical specialty (preferred)
- Minimum of one year of RN experience required, experience in pediatric specialty area, preferred
- Valid American Heart Association BLS; must be valid for 90 days post start date.