VP, Business Development at Bioscience Company in Remote, United States —
- Bioscience Company
- Remote, United States USA
- 4/16/21 2021-04-16
Job ID: 20210305
The individual in this role will be part of our Strategy and Business Development Group encompasses corporate strategy, business / corporate development and new product planning. A critical component of the group is the Business Development function as the Company evaluates, plans and executes strategic business development opportunities including acquisitions, licensing agreements and partnerships.
To be fully successful at developing and implementing corporate strategy, this position requires a creative and analytical thinker who has previous experience with traditional corporate strategy initiatives. In regard to Business Development, this position requires disease strategy, diligence, transaction and post-integration / alliance management experience. This position offers the opportunity to help drive key decision-making activities within the Company.
BS/BA required (MBA preferred)
Professional Work Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, ideally worked as VP BD in big pharma and biotech.
- Healthcare corporate strategy and transactional business development experience required
- Deal / track record of successful identification, diligence and closing of opportunities
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment with good understanding of project management process
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management
- Demonstrated competency in conflict management, influence and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, energetic individual who is dedicated to serving the needs of Strong customer focus with the ability to adapt to internal client needs and expectations
- Strong ability to influence outcomes without direct authority and ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-up abilities
- Strong familiarity with preclinical science, drug development and lifecycle management of pharmaceuticals
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to working teams and senior management
- Ability to create complex excel-based forecasts, Strong communicator and presenter, with the ability to persuade others and foster open communication across internal and external groups