Desktop Support Engineer-SCCM-Active Directory-Direct Hire at Private in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States — $80K-$85K
- Indianapolis, Indiana, United States USA
- 5/12/19 2019-05-12
Job ID: 155838
We are looking for a Infrastructure Support Engineer with experience in Active Directory, SCCM, and ITIL fundamentals to provide technical assistance to our technology focused client located in Indianapolis. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
If you’re computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, I would like to speak with you.To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction.
Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
Conduct remote troubleshooting
Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
Record technical issues and solutions in logs
Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
Report customer feedback and potential product requests
Help create technical documentation and manuals and work with less tenured team members.
- A bachelor’s degree is required along with a minimum of 3-5 years of IT experience, working in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have a positive, professional attitude.
- Strong knowledge of technology, hardware and software (e.g., extensive knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, desktop and network security issues and software functionality and deployment, including Microsoft Office (2013/2016) and Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong background in desktop management tools including the use of Microsoft SCCM to build and maintain images. Must understand how to package and push patches as well as working with Group Policies.
- Ability to solve complex problems by gathering facts and applying detailed trouble-shooting techniques.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload along with project assignments.
- General working knowledge of basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, Sub-netting).
- General working knowledge of anti-virus, backup and remote access technologies.
Please send a copy of your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org