Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) at Clinic in Queens, New York, United States —
- Queens, New York, United States USA
- 1/19/21 2021-01-19
Job ID: 152724
- Clinic in Queens looking for a full-time NP to join their team as soon as possible
- Full-time case load: Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM
- Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct and document a complete medical examination, including medical history, physical exam and interpretation of laboratory studies on children admitted into assigned NYF programs.
- Conduct and document periodic preventive medical evaluations in accordance with the schedule set forth by the AAP and the NYC ACS, to include ordering and interpreting screening tests and administering required immunizations.
- Evaluate children on an acute care basis and to render and document treatment according to the generally accepted standards of sound pediatric and adolescent medicine.
- Provide and document medical management of chronic health conditions in assigned foster care population.
- Make appropriate referrals to emergency rooms, sub-specialty clinics, private sub-specialists and other health care professionals when necessary. Referrals are to be done in writing and provide all information that the consultant would need to provide adequate care.
- Follow-up on children who require hospitalization via phone contact with the inpatient attending physician and document in the medical record.
- 2+ year of clinical experience in pediatrics required
- Current NYS RN and NP license required