Consultant Nurse at Health Care Company in Morrisville, North Carolina, United States —
- Health Care Company
- Morrisville, North Carolina, United States USA
- 3/26/20 2020-03-26
Job ID: 150970
Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches and responds to inquiries and documents appropriately according to Client and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events (AEs) and product complaints (PCs). If needed, provides clinical trial information, after -hours on call support, as well as processes medical information requests via mail, fax, e-mail.
• Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches
and responds to inquiries and documents according to Client and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events, product complaints and provides clinical
• Processes medical information requests (e.g., fulfillment) via e-mail, fax and US
• Provides after-hours on call support as needed (e.g., on-call pager coverage).
• Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures including client products, SOPs, protocols, GCPs, and all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
BSN, Associates Degree in Nursing or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Associates Degree and Nursing Diploma candidates require 2 years of nursing experience
North Carolina RN license required or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) equivalency
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
In some cases a second language may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency skills in a second language may be required
• Excellent computer and keyboarding skills
• Demonstrated time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as needed
• Demonstrate confidence and initiative
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
• Constant interaction with clients/associates required
• Constant attention to detail-visual, mental
• Constant multi-tasking
• Daily exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
• Rotating shifts may be required
• Occasional driving to site locations with occasional travel
• Long varied work hours required occasionally
• Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
• Occasional mobility required
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. or 6-9 kgs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse
• Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
• Ability to perform under stress
• Regular and consistent attendance