Billing Specialist at Accounting Firm in New York, New York, United States —
- Accounting Firm
- New York, New York, United States USA
- 10/11/19 2019-10-11
Job ID: 136500
Job Title: Billing Specialist-Salary
- Prepare and forward proforma billing print-outs to billing attorney; make edits to proformas per partner instructions
- Prepare, draft and final invoices for partner approval
- Review, analyze and ensure compliance with client’s Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines.
- Proactively communicate and meet with partners to review unbilled (WIP) and billed (A/R) inventory.
- Continually monitor WIP, aged A/R, and unapplied or on-account billings/cash to assist billing partners to meet billing and collection goals
- Follow up on partially paid invoices
- Establish strong communications with clients’ financial staff so that the firm’s bills are processed expeditiously; resolve all client issues
- Respond to client inquiries/questions in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed
- Collaborate with the billing/collection team and other finance personnel and work closely with partners and other legal staff to achieve the firm’s goals.
- Coordinate ad hoc projects at the request of clients, partners, and firm management.
- Assure conformity with the firm’s accounting, billing and collection policies and controls and ensure integrity of the firm’s financial and operating information.
- A Bachelor‘s degree is desired; preferably in Accounting or Business.
- 2+ years’ experience in a large law firm billing department or comparable industry.
- Elite Enterprise experience preferred; (familiarity with Design Gallery, Star*Collect, Target*Cash, and InTapp Time is a definite plus).
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Ebilling Hub and E-Billing vendor sites preferred.
- Ability to function as a self-starter, work with a large team, and meet strict deadlines; detail oriented.