Assistant Corporate Secretary at Investment Firm in New York City, New York, United States — $100K-$200K
- Legal Support
- Investment Firm
- New York City, New York, United States USA
- 11/28/20 2020-11-28
Job ID: 1301050
- Design, maintain and retain official corporate records and filing systems.
- Prepare and handle all company filings.
- Assist with processes for the annual meeting of stockholders.
- Attend board meetings and organize minute taking.
- Oversee all board meeting logistics including preparation and distribution of printed materials, meeting agendas, and notifications.
- Ensure that the organization complies with relevant legislation and regulations by maintaining regular communication with regulatory bodies as required.
- Partner with legal counsel, ensuring that all legal and filing requirements are met.
- Coordinate and assist with filing SEC / EDGAR and NYSE filings.
The ideal candidate will be detail orientated and is precise and thorough with their work. He/she will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Has demonstrated to be dependable professional and highly motivated to meet tight deadlines with minimal or no error in work. He/she will also have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience working as an assistant corporate secretary or a corporate paralegal within a public company.
- Prior work experience in organizing and filing timely and continuous disclosure documentation with the U.S. SEC and the NYSE.
- Proven understanding of board governance, best practices, protocols and procedures.