Human Resources Specialist at Consulting Firm in Reston, Virginia, United States — $75K-$75K
- Information Technology
- Consulting Firm
- Reston, Virginia, United States USA
- 10/11/19 2019-10-11
Job ID: 11111112
We are looking for a passionate HR Specialist to support the Corporate HR team with key support activities in our Reston location.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You must be able to maintain the highly confidential nature of HR work and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring a great employee and manager experience across all programs and for driving consistency and continual process improvement across the team to deliver seamless service to the business.
· Day to day administration of various HR processes with heavy emphasis on Revature’s health insurance benefits and 401(k) plan as well as payroll- they will not administrate the benefits or actual do payroll . Position requires the admin/HRIS side
· Total lifecycle administration of all internal employee onboarding, including issuing offer letters and conducting orientation for new hires
· Processing benefit enrollments, changes and terminations for both internal and client-facing employees
· Plan and manage internal employee events such as picnics, annual holidays, awards ceremonies, etc.
· Assist with processing changes in staff status such as: promotions, flexible work arrangements, FLSA status, leaves of absence, etc.
· Serve as a resource to employees for questions related to HR, benefits, leave, policies and procedures
· Complete data entry related to internal and field employee personal information, payroll processing, and benefits administration
· Maintain current knowledge of all health and welfare programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement savings, and voluntary benefits programs
· Assist in the internal recruitment process by posting positions, prescreening candidates, scheduling interviews, and generating recruiting reports
· Assist with employee relations support, including complex issues such as layoffs, terminations, harassment or discrimination complaints, and employee performance improvement plans.
· Ensure compliance with company policies, standard operating procedures, and HR laws by ensuring completion of new hire paperwork, I-9, tax and payroll related forms, benefits and timely enrollment, wage changes, project placements and terminations when necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Minimum 3 years of general HR experience including benefits and processing employee changes in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as well as the ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
· Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of strategy discussions
· Ability to work with all levels of a multifaceted workforce as well as with sensitive, confidential, and complex projects/responsibilities
· Proven ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to impact and influence others
· Experience and judgement to accomplish goals
· Ability to perform a variety of tasks
· Professional personal presentation
· Customer service orientation
· Highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage work time efficiently
· Self-confidence, self-starter with a sense of urgency
· Strong attention to detail is required
· Strong business acumen Proficiency in Microsoft