Software Automation Engineer - Direct Hire at Private in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States — $65K-$100K
- Cincinnati, Ohio, United States USA
- 3/19/20 2020-03-19
Job ID: 10002
One of my fastest growing client's has a newly created Software Automation Engineer opening.
What you will do
As a member of the Technology organization, the Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer provides testing leadership for our suite of software products. These products range from web based applications to embedded software devices. The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer interfaces with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Software Developers, End Users, and Scrum Masters. Testing includes functional, regression, load, performance, system, and automation testing. In addition, the Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will assist the team manager in various areas of the QA process as outlined in Duties and Responsibilities below.
Building an IoT solution in big data, the architecture is built around technology principles of being highly-available, high-performing, scalable, and highly secure. Data is transferred between the IoT devices and back-end system through data streams and REST APIs.
How you will do it
- Build a best-in-class test automation suite.
- Be a thought leader in the design and execution of test automation.
- Develop the skillsets of team members (developers and QA) to participate in test automation.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and testing approaches.
- Participate in the overall creation and reviews of project test cases created by the quality assurance team.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Assist the team manager with defining and improving the overall QA process.
- Provide the team manager feedback on team performance.
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Review business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, design, and architecture documents in order to create effective test plans.
- Develop, modify, and execute software test plans.
- Maintain documentation of test results.
- Report and track defects through online tracking tool.
- Collaborate with Software Developers to determine the root cause of issues.
- Become an expert in system functionality and architecture.
- Participate in requirements reviews and development reviews.
What we look for
- 6 years prior experience as a Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience with Selenium, TestNG, JMeter, Blazemeter
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Agile
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with writing, developing, and executing test plans.
- Ability to guide others
- Understanding and ability to work on a variety of IT platforms
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
For confidential consideration please email Zach Huston at ZHuston@GreenKeyLLC.com with your resume