Posts tagged with 'survey'
Who's the Most Romantic? Not HRRead the rest of this entry »
For a profession many believe is full of "people persons" with a "touchy feely" approach, human resources isn't even close when it comes to romancing their loved one today.
According to a Valentine's survey (there's a survey about everything) of 2,784 of office workers, 60% of human resources professionals will do something special with that special someone. We don't know what the other 40% will be doing, but if ...
4 Issues Holding AI Back In Life SciencesRead the rest of this entry »
There's hardly an industry that artificial intelligence hasn't touched. In one form or another -- machine learning, chatbots and predictive analytics, for example -- AI is rapidly becoming a part of all technologies. The life sciences are no exception, though many professionals believe the industry is lagging in its adoption of AI.
Last summer's survey by The Pistoia Alliance found 42% of life sciences professionals doubting that AI has yet proven its ...
Q1 Hiring Plans Are Strongest In YearsRead the rest of this entry »
The stock market may be seesawing, but employers are still bullish on hiring. Two recent surveys of hiring intention both pointed to strong plans by employers to add staff in the first quarter of this new year.
Manpower's long running Employment Outlook, based on a survey of 12,500 employers, shows 23% expect to add headcount between now and the end of March. Seasonally adjusted basis that comes out to ...
Nursing Shortage Is Leading to Overwork and More BurnoutRead the rest of this entry »
In a survey two years ago, 42% of the 600 nurses participating said they felt increasingly overworked. Now, an update of that survey finds little has changed for the nation's nearly 3 million nurses. If anything, their workload has gotten heavier; 46% of the 900 nurses in the new survey reported feeling more overworked now than they did in 2016.
The primary culprit the vast majority of nurses agree, is ...
Americans More Anxious Now Than In 2017Read the rest of this entry »
If you're feeling more anxious these days, you're not alone.A poll by the American Psychiatric Association found Americans are more worried today than they were last year about their health, safety, finances, relationships, and politics. When the numbers were crunched they came up with a national anxiety score of 51, five points higher than in 2017.
"This poll shows US adults are increasingly anxious, particularly about health ...
Survey Finds Big Differences Among Tech Teams, ManagersRead the rest of this entry »
A new survey by the tech site GitHub found striking differences between high performing development teams and their less well performing counterparts.
By substantial margins, those on high performing teams, which GitHub's GitLab defines as those that deploy their code on demand, multiple times per day, and spend 50% or more of their time on new work, say project expectations are set in advance, deadlines are realistic and they ...
Engagement Surveys Can Make a Difference If You Take ActionRead the rest of this entry »
Engagement surveys are one of those HR activities that prompt more than a little eye-rolling, and not just by the rank and file. Yet they serve an important function, gauging what employees are thinking about the company, their manager and the work they do.
Years of research convincingly shows that organizations with high engagement levels outperform their less engaged competitors on nearly every important business metric, including growth, productivity and ...
Survey: Job Search Has Become Too ImpersonalRead the rest of this entry »
Today's job search has become more impersonal even though technology has made finding a job easier.
A survey by the American Staffing Association of more than 2,100 U.S. adults conducted online by The Harris Poll found 69% say technology has made job searching impersonal, a feeling perhaps only reinforced by the feeling of 8 in 10 that their resume or job application goes into a "black box ...
Flat Tech Salaries Prompting Companies to Offer IncentivesRead the rest of this entry »
If you hire tech professionals you'll want to read through the 2018 Tech Salary Report from Dice, the IT career site. It's full of all kinds of useful information about pay rates and worker intentions for the year. As well as a look at what incentives other than pay employers are offering to entice candidates.
Dice crunched a vast amount of data from the 10,700 professionals who ...
The Best and Worst Places to Find a JobRead the rest of this entry »
If 2018 is your year to make a change, then Arizona might just be your new home. Four of the top five places to find a job are in the Grand Canyon State. All are just outside Phoenix.
Again this year, the financial advice site Wallet Hub analyzed 26 different factors for 182 different cities in the U.S., including the 150 most populated. While job market factors like the ...