Green Key Blog

News for the way you work

Companies Giving Few Holiday Perks

December 11th, 2018

grinch

It appears the Grinch is stealing more than Christmas.

More than anything, employees want a holiday bonus. Alas, only a little over half of them may get one, and for those that do, it will most likely be less than $500.

A survey conducted by Research Now SSI found the number one holiday perk, favored by 41% of the 1,000 respondents, was a holiday bonus. Yet, 46% said their company doesn't give holiday bonuses or other money gifts. That doesn't mean the other 54% do get one. The survey found only 26% were sure of a bonus.

A holiday party, extra time off or a company provided holiday meal are some of the perks employees will get. But the percentages of companies offering them are mostly under 30%. In fact, the survey found 52% of workers describing the holidays as "business as usual."

Leave a Reply

comments powered by Disqus