Mutual Fund Paralegal at Investment Manager in New York City, New York — $80K-$90K
- Investment Manager
- New York City, New York
Job ID: 14499
* BA required.
* 3-8 years mutual fund experience in a paralegal capacity.
* Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills to support the mutual fund business (open-end, closed-end and sub-advised funds) with paralegal and administrative functions.
* Coordinate with internal and external fund counsel on mutual fund filings including registration statements, proxy statements and prospectus stickers.
* Work with marketing department and vendors to distribute fund prospectuses, proxy statements and prospectus supplements.
* Help prepare, obtain, assemble and disseminate board materials.
* Assemble and obtain applicable reports for board books.
* Organize and attend board of director meetings and draft meeting minutes.
* Prepare and file forms under Sec.16 of the Exchange Act.
* Prepare and file corporate governance forms and correspondence with the New York Stock Exchange.
* Assist with due diligence research of federal, state and corporate documents for buy-outs and/or mergers of mutual funds.
* Coordinate with sub-advised clients and provide information for their fund filings.
* Record keeping, including electronic and paper document and file management.
* Work closely with and assist other members of the legal/compliance department.